1. Think about a day in your life that you would call a good day. Maybe nothing went wrong. Or, maybe, the day started out bad but got better. Write a story about your good day.
2. Imagine that a spaceship lands near your home. You become friends with one of the creatures from outer space. Write a story about your adventures with the friendly creature from outer space.
3. Think about your favorite time of year. It may be a season or a special event. What is it that you enjoy doing? Write a story about something that happens during your favorite time of year.
4. One day as you walk home from school you see a large, glass bottle lying next to the road. You pick up the bottle and remove the top. Something surprising happens. Write a story about what happens.
5. Changes in the season bring changes in weather and animal behavior. People change too as fall becomes winter, winter becomes spring, and spring becomes summer. Think about how seasons affect us. Write a paper about one season that interests you. Your paper must be one of the following: your opinion about the season, a real or imagined story about the season, or a report about the season to be presented in class.
6. Have you ever thought about an adventure in a distant land? You might travel to Italy, sail around the world, or only go as far as a nearby state. Write a paper about a faraway land. Your paper must be one of the following: your opinion about a distant land, a real or imagined story about a distant land, and a report about a distant land to be presented in class.